Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Heads You Win



From a red hair to a good-girl ponytail, Priyanka Chopra has made just about every look work for her. The brand amabassador for Sunsilk — which has brought together "seven of the best hair experts in the worl" to creat Sunsilk Co-Creations — speaks to t2 on hair, fashion and what she does to look the way she does...

You are sporting a whole new look now. Is it for a film that we’ll soon see you in?

Actually no.... For once, after a very long time, this hairstyle is for me and me alone! I just finished shooting Pyaar Impossible! and am going to be starting my next film, Anjaana Anjaani, very soon, and have had about a month in between. All these years, my look has been tailor-made for the film that I was shooting. So I decided that since I was in between films I could get the cut and look that I wanted… for myself! And the blue streaks... purely for fun!

You have always experimented with your hair. Which look did you keep longest because you simply loved it?

My look in Dostana. I loved the style and tried to sport it for as long as I could!

Have you really tried the new line from Sunsilk?

Yes, I have used it regularly. It’s fabulous! The brilliance of the Sunsilk products is that they are not restricted only to those who visit salons. The seven hair experts they have partnered with have created products that will give anyone ‘expert-touched hair’ wherever she lives and whatever her hair type!

What are your five top tips to keep hair healthy?

* Start with a great cut — take care of the ends of your hair for healthy shine.

* A clean scalp ensures healthy and shiny hair. My recommendation — use Sunsilk Black Shine Shampoo regularly for a really good shine and then deep condition your hair twice a week with Sunsilk Black Shine Conditioner.

* Be gentle when drying your hair after cleaning; the more you rough it up the more cuticles you will damage.

* Vitamin E is great for luscious, shiny locks.

* Rinse your hair with cold water after washing to seal the cuticles and lock in moisture and shine.

Any disastrous hair experiments?

Thankfully, I’ve never faced a situation like that. Also, my hairstylist ensures that I don’t have any hair disasters.

You’ve carried off the red hair in Love Story 2050 as successfully as the French braid in Kaminey. What’s the one tip that you’d like to share?

If you are comfortable with something, you can carry it with confidence. Whether it’s hair or fashion... do what you feel is right. Don’t be a slave to the latest trends!

What’s your haircare routine?

Because of my profession, my hair tends to get battered and abused! Therefore, I make it a point to oil my hair regularly, and shampoo and condition it as well with my Sunsilk shampoo and conditioner. I trim my hair once in about two months or as and when I feel the need and avoid colouring my hair as much as possible.

What gives you a hair high?

I love freshly washed, great smelling hair!

What’s your favourite hair accessory?

I don’t believe in accessorising much but love to let my hair down.

Who is your style icon?

Posh Spice (Victoria Beckham). She can carry off anything and yet look chic.

Your wardrobe classics…

In my opinion, a must-have in every wardrobe is a pair of good-fitting dark blue jeans, a classic black cocktail dress and a crisp white shirt.

Your favourite designer…

I don’t have any favourites. I like to experiment with different looks and styles on offer.

What are your favourite shopping destinations?

New York, Hong Kong, Miami... actually I’m not much of a shopper but have had tons of fun in these places!

What’s the secret to your fab waistline? Take us through your fitness routine.

I work 19 hours a day… am stressed, overworked and underpaid!

Five things in your diet that have worked for you...

Pepperoni pizza, authentic Punjabi parathas with loads of ghee, salads, fruits and, lastly, lots of water.

Top five make-up tips…

I would say highlight all your assets. If it’s your eyes, then apply kajal and a little liner. For your cheekbones, the right blush will do the trick. It’s important for one to know the colours that compliment you and what your best features are.

Favourite brands?

It’s difficult to choose one… it depends on my mood!

- Telegraph India

No comments:

Post a Comment